Sunday, October 12, 2008

Letter From Milwyn Jenkins Dated 15 December 1910

ANCHOR LINE
SS Furnessia, nearing Ireland

15/12/10


My dear Noble.


I was very glad to hear from
you & to hear of your good luck. I am certain that you will get on well, and that your company will find that your advancement is to their credit.

I am sorry that you were not in
New York when we arrived ‑ it's more than good of you to even have brought me the hat; and really I don't know how to thank you. I must say it's really too much of you to give it me, but if you wish it I shall be glad to accept it, as I know by your letter you wish me to do so. Anyway I will send you a like token of my appreciation & thanks & I hope you will always wear it when possible to shew that I think much of you ‑ and no one has your future at heart more than I have, and that should at any time I can do any thing to further you interests you know who to rely on.

Precious little has been doing since
you left (except it's really now a very happy ship now old Squires has gone to other spheres). The stewards as usual a motly crowd. ‑ Mrs Ross the Irish Lady I think you will remember came back with us last trip to join her husband in N.Y.

We are hoping to arrive
Glasgow Tuesday morning. Should we not be in together you had better leave the hat well wrapped up & sealed with Mr Johnie Bumphy, Receiving Clerk at our Pier, & ask him to take special care of it ‑ for me & lock it up ‑

I wrote you in Panama. & surprised you didn't get my letter ‑

Kindest & best of wishes

Sincerely Yours

Milwyn Jenkins

No comments: