Monday, October 20, 2008

Letter From Milwyn Jenkins Dated February 1914

My dear Noble.

Just a line to wish you 'Bon Voyage' - and to say how glad I was to see you cooking so well. I trust that in course of a very few weeks to find they have so appreciated you as to find you command of your department for you should be in that position now.

I will bring you some special tea over next trip so that you will enjoy a taste of what we have in the "auld countrie" - & Bob my boy remember that when ever you want anything brought out or got, just let me know. Don't forget my Panama, for I want a nice one. I know your taste in same will do all that's necessary. Don't get it blocked any special shape, for I like it as you state not in the various modes a la Yankee, but in the rough. I shall be looking forward to your parcel, but Bob get it addressed to me

c/o Anchor Line
14 St. Vincent Place
Glasgow

or to home

The Cottage
West Kilbride
Ayrshire
Scotland

as we are not calling at Moville, but Queenstown on this & the return trip - via L'pool, so have it sent that I can have it by Friday morning before sailing.

With all good wishes

Sincerely Friend

Milwyn Jenkins

  • Anchor Line envelope and "Anchor Line Twin Screw Steamer Caledonia" stationery, complete with color drawing of the ship in top left corner.
  • Envelope postmarked New York, 2, NY, FEB 10, 1914, 2:30 PM.
  • Envelope addressed to Mr Bob Noble, Second Steward, S/S "Panama", Panama Steamship Co., Pier 69 North River, New York.
  • West Kilbride is on the Firth of Clyde, about 25 mi WSW of Glasgow.

No comments: