Sunday, December 27, 2009

Letter from Emil Croce dated 6 August 1930

August 6, 1930

Mr Noble,
Steward
Hotel Monticello

Dear Sir,

I drop few lines
to let you know that I got in
Washington D.C. after a long
ride, every thing went well.

Here in town the
business in about to say, nothing
at all. Summer kills The
Capitol. We do not do
any thing.

My chef is in vacation and
I am working in his place.
Today we had 125 in the coffe
shoppe, 107 lunches, and a la
carte service.

Write to me some
time very glad I met
you.

My Best wishes

Your friendly

Emil Croci
Asst Chef
Carlton Hotel
Washington DC

Note: Envelope and paper are stationary of the Carlton Hotel, Washington, DC, under direction of United Realties, Inc, D. R. Lane, President, J. E. Brown, Resident Manager. The envelope is postmarked Aug 6, 1930 9:30 pm, Washington, DC 14, and addressed to Mr Noble, Steward, Hotel Monticello, Norfolk, Va, Attn: Kitchen. The return address, written on the back of the envelope, is Emil Croci, Asst Chef, Hotel Carlton, Washington, DC.

No comments: