Sunday, December 27, 2009

Letter from George Noble dated approximately 1930

United States Line [printed stationary]

29 Sutton Place South
[New York City, NY]

Saturday


Dear Mrs Noble

I am so pleased to know Robbie has started work. I am sure both of you had a very discouraging time while he was idle. Well I guess such things happen in the majority of people's lives and it's only those who have patience [who] come out successful. The sacrifices a husband and wife make in such cases seems (sic) to bind them more & more and it's then I think they [discover] what real love is.

I hope you and your children will be happily settled ere long. It mean(sic) so much for the children when they are so young.

I wrote a few lines to you for my sister Cis she is so pleased you scarcely believe it.

I'll conclude with Best Wishes

Geo.

Note: Letter is directed to Kathryn Noble, Robert Noble's wife.

No comments: