Sunday, December 27, 2009

Letter from Kathryn Noble dated 27 February 1930

Thursday evening [February 27, 1930]

Dearest Bob,

I surely was surprised to get your telegram yesterday morning. Forgive my carelessness in not writing Sunday but I was so sure you would get the signed card from the Registered mail that I waited until I could write a longer letter. It takes two days usually for your letters to come and your Sunday letter did not get here until Wednesday. I am like you I must have peace of mind to write letters. When I have struggled from six thirty in the morning with no let up until the last one goes to bed around nine o'clock I am ready to weep and fall into bed too.

Last week Pat had one of his colds and was home from school three days. I took him over to Hopkins on Friday to see about his tonsils being taken out. Thought it a good idea to let them see him at his worst. They referred me to the Harriet Lane Hospital around the corner from there for a general examination. I took him to day and it only took about five hours you know how those clinics are Laura went with me but she left after two hours & I hadn't seen the doctor yet. Such a mob of children. So far there doesn't seem very much wrong with Pat but his tonsils and it will be some time before I get him in will try to run Bobby in at the same time. I made an appointment for next week to have him looked over. I want the children to be in good condition when we come down & Bobby seems nervous, don't think he is entirely recovered from all his accidents in Hendersonville. Pat says "Mother you didn't take me to an old doctor, she was just a nice nurse." Guess he had never seen a lady doctor before. She surely was sweet. Maybe she will give me tonics for them and they will be so fat you will not know them. You remember Kathryn's operation was so simple just a day in the hospital. Don't you think it will be better to get it over here? Johnny likes going to the hospital. Only one thing worries him and that is he is not getting treated.

This is just a short letter but like you to hear from us several times a week. I hope you won't worry about us again.

Lovingly,

Kitty

No comments: