Sunday, December 27, 2009

Letter from Laura Talbot dated 13 June 1946

2311 W Lafayette Ave
Balto, Md. June 13, '46

Dearest Kathryn,

You will always be my own dear child. Somehow you were the nearest and dearest that came so very very close to me. I have never felt reconciled to the life that took you so far away from me. I had hoped you would have made that promised visit long long ago.

Last Saturday I had a wonderful visit to Washington. Miss Gertrude Richards and some other friend went over to a commencement. We took a wonderful drive over the city and visited a number of places of interest.

You remember Miss Richards. She taught household economics when you were teaching in Baltimore. You and she met at my house and she liked you so much. She asked about you and asked me to remember her to you. You see dear you are still remembered.

I am sorry you have had such a serious sick spell. I imagine you have always thought of your family and never taken care of yourself. When I looked at Kathryn she seemed so capable and strong but I couldn't see her look like you.

However all her talk was of her mother. She gave you all the credit for the fine way all the children have turned out. You surely have done a fine job with your family and I surely take off my hat to you. I know you are proud of them. I still hope to see your baby -- Molly.

Now dearie write when you have time. I am always glad to hear from my child.

Love,

Laura [Talbot]

Note: Envelope postmarked Jun 13, 1946 12 pm, Baltimore, MD 9, with return address 2311 W Lafayette Ave, Balto, Md. The letter is addressed to Mrs Robert Noble, 323 Westover Ave, Norfolk, Va.

No comments: